Friday, January 8, 2010

Orthopaedic

Been to NUH (National University Hospital) today for the first appointment of orthopaedic, not much things the doctor can do and they were just physically examining my knee cap.

On 05 Jan, I felt an unbearable sharp pain occurred in my left kneel cap when I tried to stand-up from squatting down to turn on the switch. It was so painful that I can't even pull myself to stand up straighten my leg and thought I might have sprained my knee cap. That was in the middle of the night and fortunately, my friend stay nearby offer to send me to NUH (not to wake-up my parents to get them worry for me).

My first time in an A&E (Accident and Emergency) and it took almost 3-4 hours to complete the whole consultation after the first attended by the nurse. My friend was telling me that it is normal process in the A&E in Spore during the middle of the night. My goodness! Eventhough is not an death or live issue for my case but to have to wait for 3-4 hours is really a killing.

Anyway, went thru the x-ray and found loose bones in my knee joint which caused the pain and could be due to past accidents or fall down which I may not notice earlier. So the doctor had my knee bandage which I need to walk with crutchers and to fix an appointment to visit the orthopaedic.

After examining in the orthopadeic clinic today, the doctor advised to conduct a MRI scan for further diagnosis. However, I need to travel to Perth on tomorrow for my course attachment which I can only be able to fix the appointment after I came back from Perth in another couple of weeks. Nevertheless, doctor has advised that is fine for me to travel but is just that I got to be careful in movement.

I just pray and hope that God's grace is with me that everything will be fine when Im travelling on tomorrow onwards so that my parents will not be that worry for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment