Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves


Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves directed by Kevin Reynolds released in June 14, 1991. The first time I watched it was twenty years ago and now, rewatching it again, even though there was a few mistakes, goofs and bloopers with the film and Kevin Costner (with his not so English accent) might not be the best Robin Hood but this film is still the best Robin Hood with the most entertaining action-adventure that I have ever watched.

Sometimes the only way to uphold justice is to break the law. For the good of all men and the love of one woman, he fought to uphold justice by breaking the law. Robin Hood, a heroic outlaw in English folklore, a highly skilled archer and swordsman assisted by a group of fellow outlaws known as his "Merry Men" has been known for robbing from the rich and giving to the poor in the beginning of the 19th century.

The film begins with Robin of Locksley (Kevin Costner), an English nobleman is captured and jailed in a dungeon in Jerusalem along with his comrade Peter. Robin escapes, saving the life of a Moor named Azeem (Morgan Freeman) in the process but Peter dies in the attempt and has Robin swears to protect his sister Marian (Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio). Robin makes the long journey back to England with Azeem, who claims he must accompany Robin until the debt of saving his life is repaid.

In England, with King Richard I gone, the cruel Sheriff of Nottingham (Alan Rickman) rules over the land, aided by his brute cousin, Guy of Gisbourne (Michael Wincott) along with the precognitive evil witch Mortianna (Geraldine McEwan) and the corrupt Bishop of Hereford. At Locksley castle, Robin finds his father dead, his home in ruins and the Sheriff and his men oppressing the people. With his lands and reputation gone Robin swears to avenge his father's murder. Robin then begins by seeking out Maid Marian, the cousin of the king and his childhood friend. He is immediately attracted to Marian, although she does not return the feelings which poses a problem because Nottingham also has his sights set on her.

While fleeing the Sheriff's forces, Robin and Azeem encounter a band of outlaws hiding in Sherwood Forest where they come across Little John (Nick Brimble) and a large group of woodsmen, all of whom were outlawed through the tyranny of the Sheriff. After proving his skill in single combat, Robin is accepted into their group and eventually becomes their leader. Robin encourages his men to fight back against Nottingham and begins to train them to defend themselves. They rob English soldiers and convoys that pass through the forest, then distribute the stolen wealth among the poor while they build weapons and homes in the forest.

The ending is beautiful, as usual bad guy died and good people have a blessed ending. Robin and Marian profess their love for each other and marry in the forest. The soundtrack song, (Everything I Do) I Do It For You by Bryan Adams was awesome as well.

Movie Trailer:

                




(EVERYTHING I DO) I DO IT FOR YOU
Bryan Adams 

Look into my eyes, you will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart, search your soul
And when you find me there
You'll search no more 

 Don't tell me, it's not worth trying for 
You can't tell me, it's not worth dying for 
You know it's true 
Everything I do, I do it for you 

Look into your heart, you will find 
There's nothing there to hide
Take me as I am, take my life
I would give it all, I would sacrifice

Don't tell me it's not worth fighting for
I can't help it, there's nothing I want more
You know it's true
Everything I do, I do it for you, oh yeah

There's no love, like your love
And no other could give more love
There's nowhere, unless you're there
All the time, all the way yeah

Look into your heart baby
Oh yeah

Oh, you can't tell me it's not worth trying for
I can't help it, there's nothing I want more
Yeah I would fight for you I'd lie for you
Walk the wire for you
Yeah I'd die for you
You know it's true 
Everything I do, ohh, I do it for you

No comments:

Post a Comment